The career search is a multi-phase process that is not necessarily linear. With proper preparation, you will be able to face and overcome the challenges you may encounter in your job search. The Career Services team offers individual career advising on topics related to specific job opportunities, job search strategies, resume and cover letter reviews, interviewing advice and practice, and more.
iSchool Career Services
Visit us during drop-in hours
See the Advising & Support page for current drop-in hours.
Make an appointment with Career Services staff
- Log in to iCareers
- Click “Calendar” on the left-hand side of the page and then click “Counseling Appt.”
- Select “Request New Appointment,” which shows in a purple box at the bottom of the page.
- Select the type of advising you are looking for, as well as a date range and time and then click “Check Availability.”
- Find an available time slot and click on the adviser’s name next to the time.
- Complete the final page that pops up and click “Submit Request.”
In addition to career advising, you can take advantage of our online service, iCareers. iCareers is dedicated solely to iSchool students, and is the place to go to find the latest internship and job opportunities posted by our partners.
UW Career Services
The UW Career Center offers year-round services for students and alumni. It is located in Mary Gates Hall (MGH) 134, which is accessible through the MGH Commons (1st floor).
- Receive résumé advice or other quick tips during a 15-minute walk-in appointment.
- Schedule a personal appointment or a mock interview with a counselor by scheduling online.
- Check the calendar for events such as information sessions, career fairs, and résumé and portfolio workshops.
- Sign up for the listserv to learn about graduate-level employment opportunities.
- Resources for international students.
- Search for job and internship opportunities for all UW students on HuskyJobs.
General Career Search Resources
Online Guidance Career Webinars by Talentmark
Pick up the latest information on how to organize your job search, plan your career, build a network, develop killer resumes, create your own personal brand, and use LinkedIn and Facebook to get a job.