The career search is a multi-phase process that is not necessarily linear. The challenges you encounter on your job search will be overcome far easier with proper preparation. We offer individual career advising on job opportunities, search strategies, and resume/cover letter/interviewing advice and practice.
iSchool Career Services
Visit us during drop-in hours
See the Advising & Support page for current drop-in hours.
Make an appointment with Career Services staff
- Log in to iCareers
- Click the 'Request an Advising Appointment' link under the Shortcuts menu on the right.
- Select the type of advising you are looking for as well as a date range and time and then click 'Check Availability.'
- Once you find an available time slot that works well for you, click on the adviser’s name next to the time.
- Complete the final page that pops up and click 'Submit Request.'
In addition to career advising, you can take advantage of our online service iCareers, the place to go to find the latest internship and job opportunities posted by our partners.
UW Career Services
The UW Career Center offers year-round services for students and alumni. It is located in Mary Gates Hall (MGH) 134, off the first floor commons.
- Receive résumé advice or other quick tips during a 15-minute walk-in appointment.
- Schedule a personal appointment or a mock interview with a counselor by scheduling online.
- Check the calendar for events such as information sessions, career fairs, and résumé and portfolio workshops.
- Sign up for the listserv to learn about graduate-level employment opportunities.
- Resources for international students.
- Search for job and internship opportunities for all UW students on HuskyJobs.
General Career Search Resources
Online Guidance Career Webinars by Talentmark
Pick up the latest information on how to organize your job search, plan your career, build a network, develop killer resumes, create your own personal brand, and use LinkedIn and Facebook to get a job.