Ph.D. Admissions Overview
The 2019 application deadline has passed. Students who are still interested in applying should contact our office directly at email@example.com.
The online application open annually on September 1 and has a December 1 deadline. Use the link below for details regarding the admissions timeline and deadline policy.
All applicants to the Ph.D. program must meet the following basic requirements:
- Bachelor's degree* or higher in any discipline (must be equivalent to a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution)
- Non-native English speakers must fulfill the UW English language proficiency requirements
- Note: The UW Graduate School has a minimum GPA requirement. As detailed on their website, individual programs may consider qualified applicants with a GPA below a 3.0.
*In order to be eligible to apply for autumn quarter, applicants must have earned their bachelor's degree by the end of that summer. Applicants do not have to have earned their bachelor's degree prior to applying for the program.
Application Materials Checklist
- Online application through MyGrad
- Personal statement
- Research statement
- Recommendations (three)
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Faculty and research interests
- GRE scores**
- Non-native English speakers: English language proficiency requirement
- Optional: Extenuating circumstances or additional information
- Optional: Submit work sample
**Applicants with a doctorate (Ph.D., J.D., M.D., PharmD., etc) from the United States or Canada are not required to submit GRE scores. Having a master's degree does not provide exemption from the GRE requirement.
All application materials are submitted online or are reported electronically. Please do not mail paper application materials to the Information School.
Connect with Us
Planning a visit to Seattle? Schedule an iVisit! You can set up a tour, visit a class or meet with a current student. If you're not able to travel, we can also help you connect with a current student over email.