Appointments and Advising
Handshake (formerly iCareers) is the Information School’s main online platform for iSchool students and alumni to find current internship and job positions, schedule advising appointments, and sign up for Career Services workshops and events. All newly admitted iSchool students will be enrolled and gain access to Handshake by early September, or by the first week of your starting quarter.
Make an appointment with Career Services
Scheduled appointments take place online through Zoom, though you may also request a phone appointment. You can schedule a 1:1 appointment with the Career Services team via Handshake.
- Log in to Handshake
- Click on Career Center in the upper-right corner of your screen
- Click on the blue Schedule a New Appointment button in the upper left
- Select iSchool Career Services Appointments
- Select the type of appointment related to the help you are seeking
- Find an available date and time slot and select it
- Complete the final page of Appointment Request Details and click “Request”
Summer 2021: Drop-ins are not currently being offered. Please make an appointment via Handshake.
Drop-in hours take place online via Zoom. Log in to Handshake to access Zoom links. Students are invited to bring any questions or topics you would like to cover with an advisor!
Drop-in conversations generally range from 5 to 15 minutes. Depending on your needs, you may be encouraged to schedule a follow-up appointment. The Zoom waiting room feature is enabled to ensure individual privacy.
This page contains Handshake information for students. View Handshake information for employers here.