Diversity Events & Programs
iSchool diversity events for the 2018-19 school year:
Diversity Power Hour Lunch Series
Events are held from 12:30-1:30 p.m. in MGH 258.
- ALISS: Friday, Nov. 2
- Transfer students: Wednesday, Nov. 7
- IUGA and WINFO: Thursday, Nov. 15
- DSA: Friday, Nov. 16
- AIMS: Wednesday, Nov. 19
- Staff workshop: Tuesday, Nov. 27
- iEquity: Wednesday, Nov. 28
- MLIS/ALA planning: Wednesday, Jan. 16
- Diversity Summit planning: Wednesday, Feb. 13
Diversity Committee Meetings
- Fall: Friday, Oct. 5, 1-2:30 p.m. in MGH 420B; Friday, Oct. 19, 1-2:30 p.m. in MGH 420B
- Winter: Friday, Jan. 11, 1-2:30 p.m. in MGH 224; Friday, Feb. 8, 1-2:30 p.m. in MGH 258
- Spring: Friday, March 8, 1-2:30 p.m. in MGH 258; Friday, April 5, 1-2:30 p.m. in MGH 224; Friday, May 3, 1-2:30 p.m. in MGH 258
- 2019-2020 Diversity Committee meeting: Friday, May 24, 1-2:30 p.m. in MGH 258
UW Graduate School Mangels Lecture
The iSchool is sponsoring this year's lecture, hosted by Assistant Professor Anna Lauren Hoffmann. We will welcome Samuel Sinyangwe on Wednesday, Feb. 13, at 7:30 p.m. in Kane Hall, room 120. The Diversity Committee will co-host related events during the week of Feb. 11.
Diversity Meet & Greet Reception
Thursday, April 6, 12:30-1:30 p.m. in MGH 171. Current iSchool students, faculty and staff welcome newly admitted iSchool graduate students. Light lunch will be served.
Staff Professional Development Workshops
Facilitated by Davida Ingram, these take place from noon to 1:30 p.m. in MGH 258.
- Tuesday, Nov. 27
- Tuesday, Feb. 26
- Wednesday, May 22
All iSchool Diversity & Equity Summit
Friday, May 10, from 9 a.m. to noon at the Sam Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center Unity Room. Lunch will be provided. Student and staff debriefing sessions follow from noon-1:30 p.m.; faculty from noon-2 p.m.
Events and dates/times/location are subject to change!
For updates, subscribe to the iDiversity listserv.
To attend events online, please RSVP at least three business days prior to the event.
To request disability accommodation, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 (voice), 206-543-6452 (TTY), 206-685-7264 (fax), or firstname.lastname@example.org, preferably at least 10 days in advance of the event.