The career search is a multi-phase process that is not necessarily linear. With proper preparation, you'll be able to face and overcome the challenges you might encounter along the way. The Career Services team offers one-on-one advising, help with general job search strategies and specific opportunities, resume and cover letter workshops, interview advice and practice, and more.
iSchool Career Services
Visit us during drop-in hours
See the Advising & Support page for current drop-in hours.
Make an appointment with Career Services staff
- Log in to iCareers
- Click “Calendar” on the left-hand side of the page and then click “Counseling Appt.”
- Select “Request New Appointment,” which shows in a purple box at the bottom of the page
- Select the type of advising you are looking for, as well as a date range and time, and then click “Check Availability”
- Find an available time slot and click on the adviser’s name next to that time
- Complete the final page that pops up and click “Submit Request”
In addition to career advising, you can take advantage of our online service, iCareers. iCareers is dedicated solely to iSchool students, and is the place to go to find the latest internship and job opportunities posted by our partners, as well as events being put on by the iSchool Career Services team.
UW Career Services
The UW Career & Internship Center is located in Mary Gates Hall (MGH) 134, which is accessible through the MGH Commons (first floor). The center offers a number of year-round services to students and alumni:
- Receive resume advice or other quick tips during a 15-minute walk-in appointment
- Schedule a personal appointment or a mock interview with a counselor by scheduling online
- Check the calendar for events such as information sessions, career fairs, and resume and portfolio workshops
- Sign up for the listserv to learn about graduate-level employment opportunities
- Search for job and internship opportunities for all UW students on HuskyJobs