iSchool Library Events
MLIS Career Events
MLIS Career Event Series (Spring 2022)
The MLIS Career Event Series is a series of events during Spring 2022 that are dedicated to career development, exploration and networking for our MLIS students with workshops, information sessions and alumni panels featuring traditional and non-traditional library roles.
Please see below for our events and programming. This list will continue to be updated as events are added:
GLAM Career Month (March 2022)
The GLAM Career Month is a series of employer events and career panels and workshops during March 2022 that lead up to the GLAM Virtual Career Fair on April 6. View the full GLAM Month calendar on Box (times in Central). Below events are in Pacific time.
- Info Session: Springfield City Library in Massachusetts - Thursday, March 10, 9-10 a.m. — Recording
- Employer Panel: Government Careers for Librarians - Friday, March 11, 10-11 a.m. — Recording
- * External * Panel: Health Sciences Librarianship - Wednesday, March 16, 9-10 a.m. — (No recording due to being an external event)
- Employer Panel: Careers in Public Librarianship - Friday, March 18, 10-11 a.m. — Recording
- Employer Panel: Careers in Academic Librarianship - Friday, March 25, 10-11 a.m. - Recording
- Employer Panel: Careers in Law Librarianship - Thursday, March 31, 9-10 a.m. - Recording
- Employer Panel: Careers in Archives - Friday, April 1, 10-11 a.m. - Recording
All sessions are recorded unless otherwise stated. To receive the recording, register for the event on Handshake/Zoom.
GLAM Virtual Career Fair (April 6, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. PT)
iSchool Career Services is proud to be a partner for this year’s GLAM Virtual Career Fair, hosted on Handshake, on April 6 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Pacific!
Join more than 20 employers from across government, library, archive, and museum fields at this cross-school virtual career fair! Participate in 1:1 sessions and group webinars to learn more about job and internship opportunities for MLIS students and alumni.
Student and alumni registration opens March 28 at 11 a.m. Pacific on Handshake!
Registration and pre-fair sign-ups are mandatory. Employer 1:1's and group sessions are first come, first served.
To participate, there are 3 required steps!
- Your Campus Profile on Handshake must be set to "Community" to register and participate fully in this event.
- Register for the fair in Handshake.
- Sign up for group sessions and 1:1 Sessions with employers in advance of the fair.
- There is not a way to participate in the fair without signing up for employer sessions! Sign-ups are first come, first served.
- Check back often as new employers and sessions may be added over the coming weeks!
How does a Virtual Career Fair work? Check out these resources:
- What is a virtual fair?
- Preparing for UW’s Virtual Career Fairs
- Handshake’s Guide to Attending a Virtual Fair
- 5 Tips to Stand Out at Virtual Fairs
- Virtual Fairs – Your Ticket to Getting Hired
Questions? Contact iCareers@uw.edu.