MSIM Application Timeline
The following information applies to admissions for the MSIM Early-Career, Early-Career Accelerated, and Mid-Career tracks offered as residential mode.
The residential application is available here: Application for Graduate Study.
Online applicants should consult the Admissions Information for Online Applicants.
Autumn 2024 Early-Career (EC) & Early-Career Accelerated (ECA) MSIM Admissions Timeline: Residential Applicants
|Round 1 (opens Sept. 15, 2023)||Nov. 15, 2023, 11:59 p.m. PT||All applicants|
|Round 2||Feb. 2, 2024, 11:59 p.m. PT||All applicants|
May 17, 2024, 11:59 p.m. PT
|U.S. citizens and permanent residents. No new F-1 Visa applicants.|
Autumn 2024 Mid-Career MSIM Admissions Timeline: Residential Applicants
|Round 1 (opens Sept. 15, 2023)||January 16, 2024, 11:59 p.m. PT||All applicants|
|Round 2||March 11, 2024, 11:59 p.m. PT||All applicants|
|Round 3||May 6, 2024, 11:59 p.m. PT||U.S. citizens and permanent residentsꜜ|
|Round 4||June 17, 2024, 11:59 p.m. PT||U.S. citizens and permanent residentsꜜ|
Admissions Process and Deadline Policy
For the 2024 application cycle, the MSIM programs will have a modified round-based admission process. Applications will be reviewed and decisions made for each round, according to the grid above. The following basic guidelines will be observed:
- All applications submitted and marked completed during the application round will be reviewed after the stated deadline.
- All application materials must arrive by the application round deadline.
- If an application is incomplete at a round deadline, the application will be reviewed once complete and with the next round of applications.
- Applicants should only apply once per admissions season. Apply when you can present the best application of yourself possible.
* After a round of review, if no decision has been reached, the admissions committee may choose to put some applicants "on hold" and move them to the next round of review. Applicants with this status will be notified.
**As cohorts approach maximum capacity in the later cycles, our admissions decisions necessarily become more selective. Additionally, funding opportunities decrease throughout the academic year, so applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early.
ꜜ The eligibility requirements may be adjusted as we receive applications and have an opportunity to evaluate the pool. International applicants should plan to apply during Round 1 or 2 to ensure consideration.
If application materials are missing due to circumstances beyond the applicant's control, the committee will take that into consideration and make its judgment based on the available information. Please email email@example.com with any concerns regarding this issue.