Ph.D. Application Process
Application Timeline for Autumn 2023 Enrollment
- Dec. 5, 2022: For priority consideration, the Application for Graduate Study and all application materials must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. (PST).
- Mid- to- late December 2022: Select applicants will be notified that they have been chosen to participate for an interview. Applicants not selected for an interview will receive a final decision letter.
- January 2023: Interviews will be conducted via phone or private chat room with members of the Ph.D. admission committee
- Early February 2023: All decisions (admit, wait list, deny) will be conveyed via email.
- Mid-February 2023: Admitted applicants will receive their funding package. (All admitted applicants receive a funding offer.)
- Early March 2023: Visit events for admitted students occur on the UW campus in Seattle.
- April 14, 2023: Reply deadline for initial round of offers.
All application materials, including recommendations, should be submitted by the December 5th deadline. Review and/or consideration of incomplete applications or late materials is at the discretion of the Ph.D. admissions committee.
Some individuals apply to the Ph.D. program more than once. These applicants will need to submit a complete application through the Application for Graduate Study just like any other first-time applicant. However official test scores submitted during the previous admissions cycle will be kept on record and will not need to be reported again. Applying to the program multiple times does not increase or decrease your chances of being admitted. Each application cycle is a fresh start.