Ph.D. Application Process
- December 1, 2018: For priority consideration, the MyGrad application and all application materials must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. (PST).
- Mid- to late December 2018: Select applicants will be notified that they have been chosen to participate for an interview. Applicants not selected for an interview will receive a final decision letter.
- Early- to mid-January 2019: Interviews will be conducted via phone, Skype or private chat room with members of the Ph.D. admission committee
- Mid-February 2019: All decisions (admit, wait list, deny) will be conveyed via email. Applicants admitted to the program will also receive a paper decision letter.
- April 15, 2019: Reply deadline for initial round of offers.
All application materials, including recommendations, should be submitted by the December 1 deadline. Review and/or consideration of incomplete applications or late materials is at the discretion of the Ph.D. admissions committee.
Note: Office hours for the Information School and Graduate School are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Staff from these offices will not be available outside of these times to answer questions. If the deadline listed falls on a weekend, please contact the appropriate office during business hours with questions.
Some individuals apply to the Ph.D. program more than once. These applicants will need to submit a complete application through MyGrad just like any other first-time applicant. However official test scores submitted during the previous admissions cycle will be kept on record and will not need to be reported again. Applying to the program multiple times does not increase or decrease your chances of being admitted. Each application cycle is a fresh start.