iSchool students and faculty will participate in the 77th Annual Meeting of the Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T) to take place in Seattle, Oct. 31 to Nov. 4, 2014.
ASIS&T is the premier international conference dedicated to the study of information, people, and technology in contemporary society. The annual meeting is a gathering of leading scholars and practitioners from around the globe who share innovations, ideas, research, and insights into the state and future of information and communication in play, work, governance, and society.
- Public Places, Private Lives: Balancing Privacy and Freedom of Expression in the United Kingdom by Bryce Clayton Newell
- Relationships among Video Games: Existing Standards and New Definitions by Jin Ha Lee, Rachel Clarke, Simone Sacchi and Jacob Jett
- Mediating Connections through Materiality: Cultures and Communities with Ivette Bayo, Lynne Howarth (U of Toronto) and Julian Vamanu (Rutgers)
- Trust & Information Policy in the Age of Data (big or small) with Bryce Clayton Newell with Kristene Unsworth, Nadia Caidi, Lisa P. Nathan, Elizabeth Shaffer, Alan Rubel, Adam D. Moore, and Heather MacNeil
- Filmmaker Showcase: Film as an Information Medium Connecting Cultures and Communities with Bryce Clayton Newell with Julia Hersberger, Brian O'Connor, and Eric Meyers