Future Ph.D. Students
The 2017 application deadline was December 1. Late applications may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the admissions counselor, Kari Brothers (email@example.com) for more information.
All applicants to the Ph.D. program must meet the following basic requirements:
- Bachelor's degree* or higher in any discipline (must be equivalent to a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution)
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher (exceptions considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Non-native English speakers must fulfill the UW English language proficiency requirements
*In order to be eligible to apply for autumn quarter, applicants must have earned their bachelor's degree by the end of that summer. Applicants do not have to have earned their bachelor's degree prior to applying for the program.
Application Materials Checklist
- Online application through MyGrad
- Personal statement
- Research statement
- Recommendations (three)
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Faculty and research interests
- GRE scores**
- Non-native English speakers: English language proficiency requirement
- Optional: Extenuating circumstances or additional information
- Optional: Submit work sample
**Applicants with a doctorate (Ph.D., J.D., M.D., PharmD., etc) from the United States are not required to submit GRE scores. Having a master's degree does not provide exemption from the GRE requirement.
All application materials are submitted online or are reported electronically. Please do not mail paper application materials to the Information School.
Connect with Us
Planning a visit to Seattle? Schedule an iVisit! You can set up a tour, visit a class or meet with a current student. If you're not able to travel, we can also help you connect with a current student over email.