Future Ph.D. Students
The application deadline for autumn 2015 has passed and we are no longer accepting applications. The next admissions cycle will be for autumn 2016 and the application will open on September 1, 2015.
All applicants to the Ph.D. program must meet the following basic requirements:
- Bachelors degree* or higher in any discipline (must be equivalent to a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution)
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher (exceptions considered on a case by case basis)
- Non-native English speakers must fulfill the UW English language proficiency requirements
*In order to be eligible to apply for autumn quarter, applicants must have earned their bachelor's degree by the end of that summer. Applicants do not have to have earned their bachelor's degree prior to applying for the program.
Application Materials Checklist
- Online application through MyGrad
- Personal statement
- Research statement
- Recommendations (three)
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Honors and awards
- Faculty and research interests
- GRE scores**
- Non-native English speakers: English language proficiency requirement
- Optional: Extenuating circumstances
**Applicants with a doctorate (Ph.D., J.D., M.D., PharmD., etc) from the United States are not required to submit GRE scores. Having a master's degree does not provide exemption from the GRE requirement.
All application materials are submitted online or are reported electronically, please do not mail paper application materials to the Information School.
Connect with Us
Planning a visit to Seattle? Send an email to email@example.com to set up a tour, class visit or meet with a current student. If you're not able to travel, we can also help you connect with a current student over email.