The application deadline for autumn 2015 has passed and we are no longer accepting applications. The next admissions cycle will be for autumn 2016 and the application will open on September 1, 2015.
All applicants to the MLIS program must meet the following basic requirements:
- Bachelors degree* or higher in any discipline (must be equivalent to a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution)
Law MLIS program applicants must have:
- JD from a law school within the US
- Non-native English speakers must fulfill the UW English language proficiency requirements
*In order to be eligible to apply for autumn quarter, applicants must have earned their bachelor's degree by the end of that summer. Applicants do not need to have earned their bachelor's degree prior to applying for the program.
Application Materials Checklist
- Online application through MyGrad
- Personal statement
- Recommendations (three)
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Program mode preference
- Supplemental questions
- Optional: extenuating circumstances
- Law MLIS applicants - LSAT score
- Non-native English speakers - English language proficiency
All application materials are submitted online or electronically. Please do not mail paper application materials to the Information School.
Connect with Us
Planning a visit to Seattle? Send an email to email@example.com to set up a tour, class visit or meet with a current student. If you're not able to travel, we can also help you connect with a current student over email.