iSchool Capstone Event
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year's Capstone event will be held live online. Please join us to celebrate student achievement!
Capstone showcases the culminating projects of students from the iSchool’s Informatics, MLIS and MSIM programs. For 2020, the event is voluntary for students and will feature presentations from 66 project teams.
Schedule of events (all times PDT):
- 5:30 - 6 pm: Attendees are encouraged to explore the Capstone online event hub to familiarize themselves with the schedule of events, play trivia games and get help from the information booth
- 6 - 6:30 pm: Student presentations, session A
- 6:40 - 7:10 pm: Student presentations, session B
- 7:20 - 7:50 pm: Student presentations, session C
- 8 pm: Closing remarks from Dean Anind Dey and iAffiliates Director Sean McGann
Visit the Event Hub Exhibition Hall for links to specific presentations and to join.
Capstone students embody the iSchool’s mission to make information work: They develop and design solutions to real-world information problems and create positive change in the world. Students collaborate with diverse organizations from the public, private and non-profit sectors.
All are welcome and encouraged to attend: family and friends of students; project sponsors and employers; UW and iSchool friends and alumni; and students, faculty, and staff. Engage with us on social media using the hashtag #iSchoolCapstone.
Learn more and view all 2020 projects and those from prior years on our Capstone page.
Questions? Email us at iCapstone@uw.edu.