- Authored article “Generative AI for Makers: AI Has Truly Arrived — and It’s Here to Help You Make and Craft” was published (print and online) in the latest Make Magazine.
- Was quoted in the Teen Vogue article “ChatGPT and Plagiarism: Student Cheating Concerns May Be Overblown.”
- Is working on the Software Development Kit for the open-source platform of her internship’s new product in the space of federated LLM agents.
Wanda Pratt’s article, co-authored by Kahn NF, Anan YH, Bocek KM, Christakis DA, Richardson LP, and Sequeira GM, “Understanding Transgender and Gender-Diverse Youth’s Experiences Receiving Care via Telemedicine: Qualitative Interview Study” was published in JNIR Pediatrics and Parenting.
Andrew Reifers’ article, “Why the cybersecurity talent gap exists and how to solve it,” was published in Security Magazine.
- In her role as U.S. Representative for the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), Heather’s new project, “ISO/AWI 30439 - Human Resource Management — Data Privacy Standard,” was approved for creation and Heather was elected to serve as the international lead and convener of this project. This will be the first global standard specifically focused on the value and importance of privacy in Human Resource Management (HRM) data policies, processes, and practices. Andrew Reifers and Heather’s independent study (IMT 600) will allow iSchool’s masters students, Parth Oza and Amol Soley, to be involved in this process.
- Alongside Corinne Bendersky (UCLA Anderson School), was a guest on “AirTalk with Larry Mantle,” a radio program on 89.3 KPCC, one of NPR’s affiliate stations in Los Angeles. Their interview segment discusses companies' use of AI technology as a hiring tool, and the controversy over algorithmic bias and the potential for EEO violations (runs from 35:40 to 51:20). Listen here: https://www.kpcc.org/show/airtalk/2023-02-08/gustavo-dudamel-leaving-la-philharmonic-will-conduct-for-new-york-phil
Batya Friedman was quoted extensively in the recently released Pew Research Center Report “The Metaverse in 2040” in Chapter 1: A sampling of overarching views on the Metaverse.
Chirag Shah authored a textbook titled “A Hands-On Introduction to Machine Learning,” published by Cambridge University Press. Additionally, Chirag was quoted in numerous articles (linked below) and interviewed in the KUOW-FM Radio show which you can access via this Muck Rack clip.
- “Meta, Long an A.I. Leader, Tries Not to Be Left Out of the Boom,” in The New York Times.
- “A Tech Race Begins as Microsoft Adds A.I. to Its Search Engine,” in The New York Times.
- “Search engines powered by generative AI might be the next big thing” in Marketplace Tech.
- “Bard is going to destroy online search” in Insider.
- “Here’s how Microsoft could use ChatGPT” in MIT Technological Review.
Chirag Shah’s paper, co-authored with Emily Bender, “Situating Search” was referenced in The Verge article, “7 problems facing Bing, Bard, and the future of AI search.”