Chirag Shah has been named a Distinguished Member of the Association for Computing Machinery, the world’s largest and most prestigious association of computing professionals. The Distinguished Members Grade recognizes those ACM members with at least 15 years of professional experience and 5 years of Professional Membership in the last 10 years who have achieved significant accomplishments or have made a significant impact on the computing field. Congratulations, Chirag!
- Gave the keynote "Towards Peace and Balance: Our Arts as Historical Documents" at the Sharing our Knowledge clan conference in Wrangell, AK.
- Co-authored the chapter "Native Philosophies and Relationality in ATLA: It's (Lion) Turtles All the Way Down" in Blackwell's Philosophy and Pop Culture series (Avatar the Last Airbender and Philosophy: Wisdom from Aang to Zuko), available online and in major bookstores now!
Mike Teodorescu presented an invited talk at the Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition on gender equity in innovation.
Mike Teodorescu coauthored a journal paper on modeling knowledge flows inside multinational companies that has been published in the November 2022 Decade Celebration Special Issue of Global Strategy Journal [IF 7.39]: Teodorescu, M. H. M., Choudhury, P., & Khanna, T. Role of context in knowledge flows: Host country versus headquarters as sources of MNC subsidiary knowledge inheritance. Global Strategy Journal, Volume12, Issue4, Special Issue: Decade Celebration Special Issue II, November 2022, Pages 658-678.
Lucy Lu Wang contributed an article to the latest issue of the SIGACCESS newsletter: Wang LL, Bragg J, Weld DS. "Paper to HTML: A publicly available web tool for converting scientific PDFs into accessible HTML.”
Aakanksha Naik, Sravanthi Parasa, Sergey Feldman, Lucy Lu Wang, and Tom Hope had a poster at Machine Learning for Health (ML4H) 2022: "Literature-Augmented Clinical Outcome Prediction.” New Orleans, LA. November 28, 2022.
Jin Ha Lee and collaborators had the following papers accepted:
- Lee, K. Y., Hitt, G., Terada, E., & Lee, J. H. (2022). Ethics of Singing Voice Synthesis: Perceptions of Users and Developers. In Proceedings of the 23rd International Society for Music Information Retrieval Conference. Bengaluru, India.
- Schmalz, M., Snyder, K., Morris, L., Cherrington, C., Disher, T., & Lee, J. H. (2022). Evaluating a taxonomy for video game development artifacts: taxonomies for new and innovative domains. International Conference on Digital Preservation (iPRES) 2022.
- Bhattacharya, A., Backonja, U., Le, A., Antony, R., Si, Y. & Lee, J. H. (accepted). Understanding the Influence of Music on People’s Mental Health Through Dynamic Music Engagement Model. iConference 2023.
- Dunham, J., Papangelis, K., Laato, S., Lalone, N., Lee, J. H., & Saker, M. (accepted). Pokémon GO to Pokémon STAY: The Impacts of Covid-19 on Players of Pokémon GO. ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction.
- Park, S. Y., Lee, K. Y., & Lee, J. H. (2022). Cross-Cultural Exploration of Music Sharing. ACM Conference On Computer-Supported Cooperative Work And Social Computing (CSCW 2022).
Jacob O. Wobbrock was interviewed last June by the ACM for being named a 2021 ACM Fellow. His interview just appeared in the print edition of Communications of the ACM and can be seen on page 13, where he talks about the importance of ability-based design in accessible computing.
Chirag Shah was interviewed for an episode of the Stories in AI podcast: "The Responsibility that Comes with Powerful AI.”