- was interviewed for a Seattle Times article titled, “In the 15 years since its launch, Amazon Web Services transformed how companies do business.”
- wrote an article for The Conversation titled, “It’s not just a social media problem – how search engines spread misinformation.”
The following iSchool papers received awards at CHI 2021:
- Best Paper: Chenglong Wang, Yu Feng, Rastislav Bodik, Isil Dillig, Alvin Cheung, and Amy J. Ko: “Falx: Synthesis-Powered Visualization Authoring.”
- Best Paper: Kung Jin Lee, Wendy Roldan, Tian Qi Zhu, Harkiran Kaur Saluja, Sungmin Na, Britnie Chin, Yilin Zeng, Jin Ha Lee, and Jason Yip: “The Show Must Go On: A conceptual model of conducting synchronous participatory design with children online.”
- Best Paper Honorable Mention: Prerna Juneja and Tanu Mitra: “Auditing E-Commerce Platforms for Algorithmically Curated Vaccine Misinformation.”
Katy Pearce, Jason Yip, Jin Ha Lee, Jesse Martinez, Travis Windleharth, Qisheng Li, and Arpita Bhattacharya received a Top Paper award for “Parents Coping with Video Games during the COVID-19 Pandemic” at the ICA 2021 Conference.