Internships are highly recommended, and allow you to apply concepts and practices learned in coursework as you assist in professional entry-level work under the formal guidance from a qualified supervisor/mentor. You may take part in a variety of projects including but not limited to:
- Redesign of a website
- Taxonomy construction
- Information security analysis
- Database modeling
- Information retrieval system design
- Requirements analysis for large information projects
There are three primary criteria that a setting or experience must meet in order to qualify for academic credit as an internship in the MSIM program:
- The internship site/experience must be approved by the MSIM academic advisor.
- Your work/projects/tasks must be primarily of a professional or beginning professional nature.
- The internship must constitute a learning experience for that relates to the academic scope of the MSIM program.
- View a list of past internship sites.