Internships for Credit
Students who are completing an internship with or without pay are eligible to earn credits if they complete additional academic deliverables with an iSchool faculty member. International students must register for credits in order to be eligible for CPT (Curricular Practical Training).
Experiential Learning Proposal Form for INFO 495:
The completed proposal for an internship in Informatics is due at least one (1) week prior to the start of the quarter in which you plan to enroll in INFO 495. Late proposals will not be accepted.
- Submit your proposal by completing the Experiential Learning Proposal Form above. For directions and additional information, go to Experiential Learning (INFO 495 or INFO 496) page on the Informatics Resource Center (Canvas).
To receive credit for an internship in an upcoming quarter, please follow these guidelines:
- An internship may be 1-5 credits per quarter. One (1) credit equates to approximately 3-4 hours a week of work.
- Students can take and apply a maximum of 12 credits of INFO 495 toward their Informatics degree.
- You will be working with both your site supervisor at your internship/service learning and a faculty supervisor. Your faculty supervisor will oversee and evaluate your learning and performance objectives. The faculty supervisor is responsible for issuing your grade in INFO 495.
No proposals (INFO 495 or 496) will be accepted after these dates:
- Autumn 2018: due by Sept. 19
- Winter 2019: due by Jan. 1
- Spring 2019: due by March 25
- Summer 2019: due by June 17