Students who are completing a service learning project with or without pay are eligible to earn credits if they complete additional academic deliverables with an iSchool faculty member. International students must register for credits in order to be eligible for CPT (Curricular Practical Training).
Experiential Learning Proposal for INFO 496:
The completed proposal for internship in Informatics is due at least one (1) week prior to the start of the quarter in which you plan to enroll in INFO 496.
- Informatics students: Submit your proposal by completing an Experiential Placement Survey on iCareers. For directions and additional information, go to Experiential Learning (INFO 495 or INFO 496) page on the Informatics Resource Center (Canvas).
- Non-Informatics students: Submit the completed and signed INFO 496 Proposal to the Informatics CollectIt drop box http://bit.ly/INFOExpLearning or deliver the completed proposal form to Student Services at Mary Gates Hall (MGH) 420.
To receive credit for an internship in an upcoming quarter, please follow these guidelines:
- A service learning may be 1-5 credits per quarter. One (1) credit equates to approximately 3-4 hours a week of work.
- Service learning grading is credit/no credit only. In total, students can take and apply a maximum of 12 credits of INFO 496 toward their Informatics degree.
- You will be working with both your site supervisor at your service learning and a faculty sponsor. Your faculty sponsor will oversee and evaluate your learning and performance objectives. The faculty sponsor is responsible for issuing you credit/no credit grading in INFO 496.
No Proposals (INFO 495 or 496) will be accepted after these dates:
- Autumn 2017: due by Sept. 20
- Winter 2018: due by Dec. 26
- Spring 2018: due by March 19
- Summer 2018: due by June 11