Transfer Student Admissions
If you are not currently enrolled at the University of Washington on the Seattle campus but are planning to transfer in for autumn or winter quarter, you must first apply to the UW as a transfer student. You'll then need to apply separately to the Informatics program. You'll hear back about each separately.
Informatics has two admissions cycles per year:
- The application to start the program in Autumn 2021 is now open and has a deadline of Friday, April 2.
- Applications to begin the program in Winter 2022 are expected to open in mid-July 2021 with a deadline in early October.
Note, if you are enrolled at the Seattle branch of the UW campus during the application process, you are not considered a transfer student, though you may have transferred in for a previous quarter.
To apply to the Informatics program as a transfer student, UW Bothell student or UW Tacoma student, you must:
- Submit a UW transfer application by the specified deadline. Learn more about the transfer process.
- Complete all four prerequisite courses by the end of the quarter prior to submitting your application.
- Submit a separate application to the Informatics program by the deadline that includes the following:
- Online application
- Schools and transcripts
- Prerequisite courses
- Application essay
See the Application Materials page for detailed information on each of the above items.
As part of the application, students will need to log in with their UWNetID and password. Students who apply by the specified transfer deadline will receive information about this. If you do not receive this information, please contact the UW Office of Admissions directly at 206.543.9686.
- Learn more at a planning session or recruiting event.
- See our Advising & Support page for current drop-in advising hours
- Join the UW iSchool prospective student email list