Admissions: Current UW Students
Applications are now open for Autumn 2020 admission to the Informatics program! The deadline to apply is 5 p.m. PT on Friday, April 3.
Informatics now has two admissions cycles per year. Applications to begin the program in Winter 2021 will open in mid-July and have a deadline of 5 p.m. PT on Friday, Oct. 2.
Beginning with the 2020 admissions cycles, applicants will be allowed to apply to the Informatics major a maximum of two times. For this reason, applicants are encouraged to be selective and apply only when they have fulfilled all the criteria and feel that they can present a strong application. (Specifically, applicants who have not completed all five prerequisite courses should not apply to the program.)
Applications submitted prior to 2020 and applications for Freshman Direct Admission do not count toward the two-application limit.
To apply to the Informatics program as a current UW student, you must:
- Be currently enrolled at the UW (Seattle campus) as an undergraduate student.
- Undergraduate students at UW Bothell or UW Tacoma should reference the Transfer Student page for relevant information.
- Complete all five prerequisite courses by the end of the quarter prior to submitting your application.
- Submit an application by the deadline that includes the following:
- Online application
- Schools and transcripts
- List of prerequisite courses
- Application essay
See the Application Materials page for detailed information on each of the above items.
- Learn more at a planning session or recruiting event.
- See our Advising & Support page for current drop-in advising hours
- Join the UW iSchool prospective student email list