We are currently accepting applications for Autumn 2018 entry into the MSIM program. Start your application here.
Applicants to the MSIM program must meet the following basic requirements:
- Bachelor's degree* or higher in any discipline (must be equivalent to a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution)
- Non-native English speakers must fulfill the UW English language proficiency requirements
- If using the TOEFLiBT to fulfill this requirement, a minimum score of 100 is required (Note: The MSIM admissions committee has established a higher minimum TOEFLiBT requirement than that of the UW Graduate School)
- Mid-Career applicants must show 5 years of relevant work experience in management or technology. (Full-Time applicants are not required to show work experience.)
- The UW Graduate School has a minimum GPA requirement. However, the MSIM admissions committee does not share this requirement and will petition to admit applicants it finds qualified, even if their GPA is below the minimum.
*In order to be eligible to apply for autumn quarter, applicants must have earned their bachelor's degree by the end of that summer. Applicants do not have to have earned their bachelor's degree prior to applying for the program.
- Online application through MyGrad
- Personal statement
- Statement of purpose
- Recommendations (three)
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- GRE/GMAT scores**
- Non-native English speakers: English language proficiency requirement
**Applicants with a doctorate (PhD, JD, MD, PharmD, etc) from the United States are not required to submit GRE/GMAT scores. Having a master's degree does not provide exemption from the GRE/GMAT requirement.
All application materials are submitted online or electronically. Please do not mail paper application materials to the Information School.
Connect with Us
Planning a visit to Seattle? Schedule an iVisit! You can set up a tour, visit a class or meet with a current student. If you're not able to travel, we can also help you connect with a current student over email.