All students enrolled in the Informatics major are eligible to complete Departmental Honors in the program. Requirements to receive Departmental Honors are as follows:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 in all UW Informatics courses.
- Minimum of 12 credits of honors coursework, including:
- Two ad-hoc* honors Informatics courses at the 300- or 400-level.
- At least two credits of INFO 496: Service Learning or INFO 499: Independent Study.**
* More information about completing ad-hoc requirements can be found on the UW Honors website: https://honors.uw.edu/reqs/adhoc/
** More information about INFO 496: Service Learning and INFO 499: Independent Study can be found in our Experiential Learning section.
If you are interested in pursuing Departmental Honors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.