Research & Scholarship
University of Washington Information School researchers help people more effectively use information to discover, learn, innovate, solve problems, have fun, and make a better world. We accomplish this by conducting meaningful and rigorous research on the relationship among people, information, and technology. Our research efforts respond to significant, real-world challenges and make a difference in the lives of individuals and communities.
Faculty, students, and partners work collaboratively on research projects and share their results through published works, conference presentations, symposia and other events. The research groups housed within the iSchool are internationally-recognized hubs for innovative scholarship and research.
Office of Research Services
We support high-impact research and scholarly initiatives through the following services:
- Research proposal development, proposal submission, and grant and contract management
- Human subjects and intellectual property guidance
- Research collaboration support, promotion, external relations and events
- Cheryl Metoyer, Associate Dean for Research
- Cortney Leach, Research Development Manager
- Shannon Gilmore, Grant and Contract Manager
- Steve Flaherty, Grant and Contract Coordinator
- Angie Wiehagen, Assistant to the Dean for Research
Want to Learn More?
Learn more about research at the iSchool and how research services can assist you by contacting Research Development Manager Cortney Leach at email@example.com or 206.616.2063.