In today’s knowledge economy, information is the single most important asset for any organization. Make the best use of your information assets by working with our students and faculty who are experts in the field of information science. As the world’s leading Information School, the UW iSchool provides expertise in areas such as information architecture, systems design, content management, project management, big data, social media, digital youth, human computer interaction, user experience and information assurance and cybersecurity.
iSchool partnerships are built around common areas of interest – research funding, project based collaborations, student recruitment and engagement, and continuing education. Past partnerships have included:
- Grants from foundations and private industry funding critical information research that benefits people around the globe and students here at home
- Organizations provide important internships to students that enable them to put theory into practice and hire iSchool graduates
- iSchool faculty work with colleagues across multiple disciplines at UW and other universities to make their scholarship stronger
- The UW iSchool is part of a growing iSchool movement that involves dozens of universities in multiple countries, meeting annually at the iConference to share the latest research
Partners can also join our iAffiliates Program. Affiliates gain priority access to iSchool students through internships, directed fieldwork and Capstone projects in addition to a series of events designed to highlight the research conducted by students and faculty.
Top iSchool Affiliates include Accenture, Amazon, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Boeing, Cisco, Costco, Disney Interactive Media Group, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, REI, Seattle Public Library, Serials Solutions, Starbucks and Tableau, among many others.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to:
- Learn more about the program or ask us a question.
- Update your contact information.
- Join the iAffiliates mailing list.