There are numerous ways to get involved in diversity at the iSchool! Through outreach, recruitment, and retention, the iSchool Diversity Committee works to foster a diverse, inclusive, engaging, and supportive social and intellectual learning environment that is open to diverse beliefs, values and perspectives. The Diversity Committee has four primary areas of function: Recruitment; Diversity Month; Diversity Summit; and Diversity Climate Survey.
In addition to our signature events and programming, the Diversity Committee focuses on:
- Completing the Race & Equity Initiative (REI) Grant iSchool programming.
- Implementing and utilizing the iSchool Climate Survey (Cynthia del Rosario & Matthew Saxton, co-leads).
- Developing communication and professional development strategies, including updates to the iSchool Diversity Statement, social media, brochures, bulletin board messaging.
Apply to be a member of the iSchool Diversity Committee! Early in fall quarter, you will receive an email invitation to apply for various iSchool committees. The Student Leadership Council reviews the applications and selects committee representatives.
iSchool Diversity Committee Members, 2019-20
Matthew Saxton, Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Committee members:
- Jim Becker, ex officio
- Cynthia del Rosario, ex officio
- Victor Aque
- Emily Bajet, AIMS Diversity and Inclusion Officer
- Kay Cadena, SAA, Diversity Officer
- Allyson Carlyle
- Katherine Cross, DSA Representative
- Brenda Foster, ALISS Diversity Officer
- Cris Fowler
- Sandy Littletree
- Jessica Luke
- Michelle Meyering
- Ai Nguyen
- Eva Perez, WINFO, Director of Diversity Efforts
- Imnaan Ramezanzadeh, ALISS Diversity Officer
- Godgiven Reamico, IUGA, Director of Diversity Efforts
- Kirk Van Irvin, ALISS Diversity Officer