There are numerous ways to get involved in diversity at the iSchool! Through outreach, recruitment, and retention, the iSchool Diversity Committee works to foster a diverse, inclusive, engaging, and supportive social and intellectual learning environment that is open to diverse beliefs, values and perspectives. The Diversity Committee has four primary areas of function: Recruitment; Diversity Month; Diversity Summit; and Diversity Climate Survey.
In addition to our signature events and programming, the 2017-18 Diversity Committee will focus on:
- Completing the Race & Equity Initiative (REI) Grant iSchool programming.
- Implementing and utilizing the iSchool Climate Survey (Cynthia del Rosario & Matthew Saxton, co-leads).
- Developing communication and professional development strategies, including updates to the iSchool Diversity Statement, social media, brochures, bulletin board messaging.
Diversity Committee Meetings
Meetings take place in MGH 258.
- Autumn Quarter: Oct. 6, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Winter Quarter: Jan. 5, 1:30-3 p.m.; Feb. 2, 1:30-3 p.m.; March 9, 1:30-3 p.m.
- Spring Quarter: April 6, 1:30-3 p.m.; May 4, 2-3:30 p.m.
Apply to be a member of the iSchool Diversity Committee! Early in fall quarter, you will receive an email invitation to apply for various iSchool committees. The Student Leadership Council reviews the applications and selects committee representatives.
iSchool Diversity Committee Members, 2017-18
Executive Committee members:
Cristal Fiel, ALISS Online Diversity Officer
Riko Fluchel, ALISS Residential Diversity Officer
Clint Posey, AIMS Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Beck Tench, DSA Representative
Rosemary Adams, IUGA, Director of Diversity Efforts
At-Large Diversity Committee members:
Jenna Nobs, MLIS student, iEquality Rep
Kelly Chandler, MLIS student, iQueeries Rep
Julian Helmer, MLIS student, at-large
Laura Lillard, UW Libraries Diversity Officer
Ty Ngo, At Large
Matthew Saxton, Climate Survey Co-lead
Anushree Shukla, Winfo Director of Diversity Efforts
Jason Yip, Climate Survey member