Women in Informatics
Women in Informatics (Winfo) supports ways to empower women to thrive as producers of technology.
- Co-President: Melina Perraut
- Co-President: Roshni Srikanth
- Director of Finance: Bhavya Garlapati
- Director of Outreach: Lucy Lin
- Director of Public Relations: Alyssa Vo
- Creative Director: Kelly Wang
- Director of Diversity Efforts: Bandhna Bedi
- Director of Community Efforts: Kayla Tounalom
- Hackathon Director: Emiri Nishizawa
Programs offered by Winfo
Winfo's Annual Hackathon
An annual hackathon that Winfo hosts to allow students to ideate and build their creations within a 12-hour time period.
Professional Networking Events
These events are opportunities for students to speak with experienced professionals in a more intimate environment.
Each speaker panel will have a theme which represents a certain career path or a general topic to provide students the opportunity to learn, ask questions, and provoke discussions.
Career Enhancing Workshops
The workshops are meant to teach students how to market themselves to employers. This may include resume/portfolio reviews, elevator pitches, salary negotiations, and building professional networking relationships.
Our company tours allow students to get a more indepth insight into the company and environment their professionals work in.
General Meetings and Social Events
Networking with fellow peers is just as important as networking with professionals. At our general meetings, we create opportunities for students to meet each other and have thoughtful discussions about various topics.