Association of Library and Information Science Students
The Association of Library and Information Science Students (ALISS) is the official student organization for Library and Information Science students at the University of Washington Information School. All students admitted to the Master of Library and Information Science program are members. We hold quarterly open meetings for MLIS students to discuss concerns and give feedback about the iSchool. We serve as a channel of communication between students, faculty and administration. ALISS sponsors many events, such as the Spring and Fall book sales, iBall, social gatherings, and opportunities for professional and development and networking. We also work with iSchool student organizations to sponsor events during iWelcome Week and through the academic year.
- Co-President: Brandi Gates
- Co-President: Juli McBriend
- Vice President: Julian Helmer
- Treasurer: Alexander Bellairs
- Secretary: Julie Hon
- Online Representative: Candice Larson
- Online Representative: Christina Miskey
- Online Representative: Elisa Rodgrigues
- Publicity Officer: Jordyn Richey
- Diversity Officer: Troi Gale
ALISS open meetings: Meetings are a great way to let us now your thoughts on classes, instructors, events and anything else you want to discuss that relates to your experience as an MLIS student.