FearLess, Tech More Mentorship
Want to become a FearLess Tech More Innovation Challenge Mentor?
We welcome all University of Washington students who have appropriate backgrounds and skills who want to work with middle and high school students. Some possible majors, though not limited to them, include Informatics, Computer Science, Design, and many more! As a mentor you will work with a team of students guiding them from the very start to finish to complete a design project and pique their interest in technology.
Why become a mentor?
FearLess Tech More is an inclusive and open event that welcomes students from all backgrounds and skill sets. This may be your first time mentoring, or maybe you have done it before. However, this will be a great opportunity to further develop collaboration and teaching skills. We hope that becoming a FearLess mentor helps you build or find a community of tech enthusiasts.
- Prepare to be a great mentor by looking over past videos and supporting documents.
- Guide students through the design and ideation process.
- Proactively check in with students and offer time to answer questions they may have and provide feedback.
- Have availability Oct. 10-14, 2022, to meet with students at least twice.
- Relay any information, questions and/or concerns to FearLess directors.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, please fill out this form by Oct. 5 and we will be in contact with you soon!