- Design Thinking
- Information Architecture
- Front-End Development
Jeremy Zaretzky is an Assistant Teaching Professor at the iSchool. His courses span UX and design, product management, information architecture and software development, leveraging 20+ years of industry experience to connect learning objectives with real-world scenarios.
Jeremy is Co-Director of the iStartup Lab, which helps UW iSchool students develop entrepreneurial skills and launch data-driven social impact startups. He co-leads the iSchool's undergraduate Capstone program and serves as a faculty advisor for DubHacks Next, a student-run startup incubator. He is also a Venture Partner at Loyal VC, which is a global venture capital fund that has invested in more than 300 startups.
During his career as a technology entrepreneur, Jeremy launched new products; built and managed strategic relationships with customers, vendors, and channel partners; negotiated complex contracts; and hired and managed teams. He also led several initiatives designed to grow the Seattle startup ecosystem, including serving as Managing Director of the Founder Institute accelerator program.
- Venture Capital Executive Program, University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business, 2015
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate, Stanford University Graduate School of Business, 2015
- BS, Economics, Duke University, 2000
- UW Distinguished Teaching Awards - Nominee - University of Washington, 2020-2023
- UW Technology Teaching Fellows Institute - Fellow, 2020