This summer, students can explore six culturally diverse countries through the iSchool study abroad program. Now in their 11th year, study abroad programs are led by iSchool faculty and collaborators and take place over three to four weeks.
Students can analyze one of the busiest transportation systems in the world in India; understand how information communication technologies are rapidly evolving in Myanmar; participate in the biennial conference of the Australasian Children’s Literature Association in New Zealand; explore issues of “wayfiding” through the lens of place and identity, while engaging with Tahiti's long and rich culture of oral traditions; study how libraries, museums, and information services engage with diverse populations in the Netherlands; or investigate information behavior and culture through social media, photo-sharing, and digital storytelling practices in South Korea.
Visit the UW Study Abroad website or click on the links below to learn more about the 2018 sessions:
- iSchool India: Systems Analysis of Infrastructure using Open Data Platform. July 22 - Aug. 18, 2018, in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Hyderabad, India. Application deadline: Jan. 31.
- iSchool Myanmar: ICT for Development. Aug. 30 - Sept. 21, 2018, in Rangoon, Myanmar. Application deadline: Feb. 15.
- iSchool Netherlands: Dutch Designs: Innovation in Library, Museum, and Information Services in the Netherlands (Exploration Seminar). Aug. 19 - Sept. 15, 2018, in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Application deadline: Feb. 15.
- iSchool New Zealand: iSchool Down Under! Children's Literature in New Zealand and Australia. July 11 - Aug. 11, 2018, in Wellington, New Zealand; Melbourne, Australia; and Sydney, Australia. Application deadline: Jan. 31.
- iSchool South Korea: Information, Technology, and Society in Modern South Korea (Exploration Seminar). Aug. 12 - Sept. 8, 2018, in Seoul, South Korea. Application deadline: Feb. 15.
- iSchool Tahiti: Place, Identity and Traditional Knowledge. July 21 - Aug. 18, 2018, in Papeete, French Polynesia. Application deadline: January 31.