Future Ph.D. Students
The application cycle for Fall 2013 has ended and we are no longer accepting applications. The next application cycle will admit students for Fall 2014. The information below is for the 2013 admissions process and will be updated for the next cycle by September 1, 2013.
All applicants to the Ph.D. program must meet the following basic requirements:
- Bachelors degree* or higher in any discipline (must be equivalent to a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution)
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher (exceptions considered on a case by case basis)
- Non-native English speakers must fulfill the UW English language proficiency requirements
*In order to be eligible to apply for autumn quarter, applicants must have earned their bachelor's degree by the end of that summer. Applicants do not have to have earned their bachelor's degree prior to applying for the program.
Application Materials Checklist
- Online application through MyGrad
- Personal statement
- Research statement
- Recommendations (three)
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Honors and awards
- Faculty and research interests
- Graduate assistantship
- GRE scores**
- Non-native English speakers: English language proficiency requirement
- Optional: Extenuating circumstances
**Applicants with another doctorate or professional degree (Ph.D., J.D., M.D., PharmD., etc) from the United States are not required to submit GRE scores. Having a master's degree does not provide exemption from the GRE requirement.
All application materials are submitted online or are reported electronically, please do not mail paper application materials to the Information School.