The autumn 2014 admissions process has ended for the Full-Time MSIM program. The next application cycle will be for the 2015-2016 academic year and will open on September 1, 2014.
The Mid-Career MSIM application is currently open and will follow the deadlines posted below. Start an application by logging in to MyGrad.
- Priority scholarship deadline for Mid-Career program: May 1, 2014*
- Final application deadline for Mid-Career program: August 1, 2014
*To be considered for an iSchool merit-based scholarship, the application must be submitted by the deadline listed.
Applicants who apply by May 1 may be given preference during the review process. After this date, admissions will continue on a rolling basis until August 1.
Applicants to the MSIM program must meet the following basic requirements:
- Bachelors degree* or higher in any discipline (must be equivalent to a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution)
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher (exceptions considered on a case by case basis)
- Non-native English speakers must fulfill the UW English language proficiency requirements
- If using the TOEFLiBT to fulfill this requirement a minimum score of 95 is required
- Mid-Career applicants must show 5 years of relevant work experience in management or technology
- Full-Time applicants are not required to show work experience
*In order to be eligible to apply for autumn quarter, applicants must have earned their bachelor's degree by the end of that summer. Applicants do not have to have earned their bachelor's degree prior to applying for the program.
- Online application through MyGrad
- Personal statement
- Recommendations (three)
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- GRE/GMAT scores**
- Non-native English speakers: English language proficiency requirement
**Applicants with a doctorate or professional degree (PhD, JD, MD, PharmD, etc) from the United States are not required to submit GRE/GMAT scores. Having a master's degree does not provide exemption from the GRE/GMAT requirement.
All application materials are submitted online or electronically. Please do not mail paper application materials to the Information School.