Research & Scholarship
The University of Washington Information School conducts world-class research and collaboration is at the heart of our interdisciplinary discovery process.
Our goal is to help people more effectively use information to discover, learn, innovate, solve problems, have fun, and make a better world. We accomplish this by conducting meaningful and rigorous research on the relationship between people, information, and technology. Our research responds to significant, real-world challenges and makes a difference in the lives of individuals and communities.
Faculty, students, and partners work collaboratively on research projects and share their results through published works, conference presentations, symposia, and other events. The research groups housed within the iSchool are internationally-recognized hubs for innovative scholarship and research.
Office of Research Services
We support high-impact research and scholarly initiatives through the following administrative services:
- Research proposal development assistance, submission and award management
- Human subjects and intellectual property guidance
- Research promotion, external relations and events
- Cheryl Metoyer, Associate Dean for Research
- Cortney Leach, Research Development Manager
- Shannon Gilmore, Grant and Contract Manager
- Steve Flaherty, Grant and Contract Coordinator
- Ann Corboy, Assistant to the Dean for Research
- Maureen Harer, Research Office Receptionist
Want to Learn More?
Learn more about research at the iSchool and how research services can assist you by please contacting Research Development Manager Cortney Leach at email@example.com or 206.616.2063.