The iAffiliates program is an iSchool strategic initiative designed to connect community partners with iSchool faculty, researchers and students in a variety of ways, from exchanging information to collaborating on major research projects.
In today’s knowledge economy, information is the single most important asset for any organization. As an iAffiliate, your organization can make the best use of your information assets by working with experts who can help identify and solve issues related to the way your employees or customers create, store, access, manage, use and share information.
Two Partnership Levels: iAffiliate and Premium iAffiliate
iAffiliate members sponsor student Capstone projects, offer internships or directed field work opportunities, participate in the iSchool Employer Connection Fair, provide underwriting for events, or work with faculty or doctoral students on research demonstration projects.
Premium iAffiliate receive all the benefits of the iAffiliate program, plus additional benefits based on their monetary investment that furthers iSchool teaching and research activities.
- iAffiliates Day is an annual networking and learning event where members and faculty explore areas of common interest. Attendees hear research presentations, attend topic-based breakout sessions, and network with iAffiliate partners, faculty, and students. Premium iAffiliates are offered event signage and free parking.
- The annual Research Fair showcases the work of our faculty and students. Premium iAffiliates are invited to a pre-event reception to meet individually with faculty to discuss research topics that may result in joint projects.
- The annual Capstone event showcases student degree projects and attracts more than 600 attendees. iAffiliates may propose ideas for student capstone projects that help solve an information issue in their organization. Premium iAffiliates are invited to a pre-event reception, are offered event signage and will have priority when working directly with faculty to present their proposals to students.
- The iSchool Employer Connections Fair is an annual event that focuses on career opportunities for iSchool graduate and undergraduate students and alumni. iAffiliates are offered priority registration for this event. Premium iAffiliates receive priority table placement and logo recognition at the event, as well as the opportunity to host a student mixer. Premium iAffiliates may post jobs year-round on the iSchool’s job website and request student resumes.
- iAffiliates News is a quarterly e-newsletter that highlights faculty work in key research areas such as big data, knowledge management and human-computer interaction, plus information about iSchool activities. Premium iAffiliates receive logo recognition in the e-newsletter.
- All iAffiliates are listed on the iSchool website. Premium iAffiliates are offered logo recognition.