- IT Management and System Administration
- Network Administration
- System Design and Implementation
Lecturer in the area of information technology at the iSchool. Developed and delivered technology courses at colleges, universities and corporate training centers on three continents since 1985 including ten years with various database management systems. Also teaches student and instructor certification courses in Cisco and Microsoft network infrastructure design, implementation and security, wireless technologies and project management. Holds a MBA from the UW Business School and a BS from CWU.
Interests include designing and implementing network infrastructures that provide appropriate and convenient access to information resources while preserving the security of those resources and the technologies used to make them available. Interested in the difference between security and security theater as well as how investment in security theater can reduce real security.
- MBA, International Business, University of Washington, 1984
- BS, Business Administration, Central Washington University, 1983
Publications and Contributions
- Book, Textbook-RevisedCCENT Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician Study Guide (Exam 100-101, ICND1), with Boson NetSim Limited Edition (2014), Issue 2nd, ISBN/ISSN: 0071838392
- Book, Textbook-NewCCSP: Cisco Certified Security Professional Certification All-in-One Exam Guide (2003), ISBN/ISSN: 0072226919
- Instructor's ManualCCNA 2.0 All-in-One Exam Guide - Instructor Guide (2002)
- Book, Textbook-NewCCNA 2.0 All-in-One Exam Guide (2001), ISBN/ISSN: 0072129980
- Book, Textbook-NewCCNP Routing Exam Prep (2000), ISBN/ISSN: 1576107787