- U.S. Government Information
- LIS 526 - Government Publications
Andrea Morrison is the Head of Monographic Text Cataloging at Herman B Wells Library at Indiana University, Bloomington. She coordinates cataloging for the federal depositories at Herman B Wells Library and other Indiana University campuses. She regularly teaches, trains, presents, and writes on U.S. government information and cataloging topics. Andrea also teaches courses in government information and cataloging for Indiana University’s School of Informatics, Computing and Engineering and the University of Washington’s iSchool.
Andrea is active in state and national professional organizations, including the ALA Government Documents Round Table (GODORT), Indiana Library Federation (ILF), and INDIGO (Indiana Networking for Documents Information and Organizations). She was elected 2021-2022 chair of INDIGO.
Andrea has been teaching LIS 526 Government Publications with Jennifer Morgan at the iSchool since 2013.
- MLS, Library Science, Indiana University, 1992
- MA, Comparative Literature, Indiana University, 1984
- BA, English Literature, Pennsylvania State University, 1979
- BA, French Literature, Pennsylvania State University, 1979
- The 2014 ProQuest/GODORT/ALA Documents to the People Award, 2014
Publications and Contributions
Editor of special issue of professional journalOnline government information [Special issue] (2010)Indiana Libraries, 29(1), pp. 112 pages, ISBN/ISSN: 0275-777X Editor: Andrea Morrison
Book Editor, ScholarlyManaging electronic government information in libraries: Issues and practices (2008)Editor: Andrea Morrison
Book, Scholarly-NewInternational government information and country information: A subject guide (2004)