Host an Information Session at the iSchool
Information Sessions are a great way to engage students and promote your organization while building your brand on campus. These are generally informal events that give you an opportunity to share information about your company and hiring needs while networking with iSchool students. An Information Session gives you the opportunity to put a face to your organization and increase the interest in what your company is about.
Employer Information Sessions are generally hosted from 12:30-1:30 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. This is during a standard class break time and will optimize the number of students who can attend your session. Mondays and Fridays usually do not work well for our students. If you are interested in setting up another time outside of these recommendations, connect with our career services team and we can help strategize other possibilities (email@example.com).
Reserving a Room
- Room reservations at the University of Washington generally take at least 10 business days to confirm. To help us secure a workable date for your session, please give us at least three potential dates that will work for you, with at least 10 business days’ notice. You can send this request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Requests to set up an Information Session should be coordinated through the iSchool Career Services Team. The team will cover the logistics and costs associated with reserving a venue. The iSchool cannot cover or reimburse the costs associated with reserving a room if the employer has already arranged a venue through a different department or group on campus.
- Employers are encouraged to provide food and refreshments for Information sessions and recruiting events. You are allowed to bring food or have it delivered. The Career Services Team can send a list of contact information for local companies that will deliver food to our campus. There are some rooms on campus that do not allow food or drinks; please check with our Career Services Team before planning for food.
- If you have AV, projector, or other technical needs please let us know as well as this will impact the rooms that we can reserve.
We will advertise your Information Sessions on iCareers (our iSchool student job board), our weekly newsletter to students, and via social media. We may also include your Information Session details in a separate email or weekly event reminders to our students.
- The Career Services team will send a representative (either a staff member or a graduate assistant) to help with your presentation setup, including any AV needs. If you know you will be presenting and needing a projector, please let us know ahead of time so we can ensure that the venue has the proper tech setup.
- We can also reimburse parking; let us know at least a week in advance how many cars will be needing a parking pass. You will have to pay upon entry to any campus garage, but we will provide a validation sticker that will grant you a full refund upon leaving the UW parking garage.