- September 1, 2016: Application opens for autumn 2017 enrollment.
- December 1, 2016: Early decision deadline. Must submit MyGrad application, with all materials received, by 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time zone).
- Mid-January, 2017: Early decisions (admits only) will be sent via email.
- February 1, 2017: Priority deadline. Must submit MyGrad application by 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time zone).
- Mid-March 2017: Priority deadline decisions (admit, wait list, deny) will be sent via email.
- April 15, 2017: Reply deadline for "early decision" and "priority deadline" applicants.
- May 1, 2017: Final deadline. Must submit MyGrad application by 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time zone). No applications will be accepted after this date.
- June 2017: Registration for Autumn term
Application deadlines and Deadline Policy
This year, the MLIS admissions committee will have 3 rounds of review, based on 3 application deadlines:
Round 1: The early decision deadline is December 1, 2016. During this round of review, the admissions committee will only consider complete applications. Admissions decisions for this group will be conveyed in mid-January. Incomplete applications and those not selected for admission during this round, will be saved and considered in the next round.
Round 2: The priority deadline is February 1, 2017. During this round of review, the admissions committee will give priority to complete applications, but may consider incomplete applications. Admissions decisions for this group will be conveyed in mid-March.
Round 3: The final deadline is May 1, 2017. Admissions decisions for this group will be conveyed in mid-May.
Deadline policy: For the 2017 MLIS application cycle, application review and admissions decisions will be made in 3 rounds. For each round, the MyGrad application and all application materials, including recommendations, should be submitted by the stated deadline. Review and/or consideration of incomplete applications or late materials is at the discretion of the MLIS admissions committee. No applications will be accepted or considered after May 1, 2017.
Visit the MyGrad online application and create a login ID and password.
Retain your login ID and password, as you will need them to:
- Save a partially completed application
- Pay the application fee ($85 payable by debit or credit card)
- Monitor the submission of recommendations and test scores (if applicable)
- Check the status of your application
Once you have paid the fee, you will be unable to make further changes to your application with the exception of letters of recommendation.
Application Fee and Fee Waiver
The application fee is $85 USD, payable online by debit or credit card. Qualified applicants can request a fee waiver through the Graduate School on the ‘Pay fee and submit application’ section of the MyGrad application. The iSchool is not able to waive the application fee.
Some individuals apply to the MLIS program more than once. These individuals will use the same process as any other applicant. Applying to the program multiple times does not increase or decrease your chances of being admitted. Each application cycle is a fresh start.