Admissions deadlines for the autumn 2014 MLIS program have passed. The next application cycle will be for the 2015-2016 academic year and will open on September 1, 2014.
All applicants to the MLIS program must meet the following basic requirements:
- Bachelors degree* or higher in any discipline (must be equivalent to a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution)
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher (exceptions considered on a case by case basis)
Law MLIS program applicants must have:
- JD from a law school within the US
- Non-native English speakers must fulfill the UW English language proficiency requirements
*In order to be eligible to apply for autumn quarter, applicants must have earned their bachelor's degree by the end of that summer. Applicants do not need to have earned their bachelor's degree prior to applying for the program.
Application Materials Checklist
- Online application through MyGrad
- Personal statement
- Recommendations (three)
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Program mode preference
- Supplemental questions
- Optional: extenuating circumstances
- Law MLIS applicants - LSAT score
- Non-native English speakers - English language proficiency
All application materials are submitted online or electronically. Please do not mail paper application materials to the Information School.